Being able to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors on your website is absolutely vital to your online success.
The management saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening on your web site, how would you improve your online results?
Business owners have been looking for ways to track and analyze what is happening since web sites were first introduced. From basic tracking counters, to sophisticated and powerful analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications that record and let you see incredibly detailed key metrics.
Measuring visitor behavior is vitally important for the success of your digital business, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but it’s also been shown that past user behavior is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. It’s an even better predictor, in fact, than demographics.
Although the ability to view valuable information such as how many unique web users are checking out your website, what pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, keyword searches, page views, referring web sites, and so on, is vitally important, wouldn’t it also be excellent to know precisely what visitors are reading, where on your pages they are navigating through for the longest time periods, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of the site they are most intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy and possible. Web heatmaps have been used to locate areas of a web site page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and session replays to your collection of essential web site analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software program that works with WordPress (and other web applications) and that lets you track your website visitors’ complete session and generates live heat maps showing precisely where they click and where they scroll throughout your web site.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool allows you to look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
To learn more about this software go here: HeatMapTracker
The more accurate data you have about how your users are engaging with your website, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific challenges that prevent your readers from fully accessing your website, like unclear navigation layouts, or disruptive ads. As a website owner, you can help your users to perform certain actions, such as join your newsletter or click on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on a page users are clicking, a heatmap will show you any clicks that visitors make on your page, whether these are links or not. This is a significant difference because if a heat map report reveals that users are clicking on an image that they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you can easily edit this by adding a link to the image, or make it perfectly clear to your users that the image is not a hyperlink.
In short, heatmaps are one of the best methods to test the design of your website, see how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to monitor user behaviour on your site:
Capture Everything Users Are Doing On Your Site
The software captures every browsing session on your website, enabling you to view all which buttons and links are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The script is self-hosted, giving you unlimited recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to purchase the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited application updates and added features for life.
Additional script benefits include the following:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors experience your web site, you can discover challenges preventing visitors from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The video recordings of your visitors’ browsing sessions let you see precisely what takes place on your site. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay in a particular area, how fast they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just accurate information of what happens when users land on your web pages.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMap Tracker helps you improve user engagement with your site, which increases online sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we discuss some of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
Heat Map Tracker provides many features for website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and implement. Ready to go in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors look at and observe how far down your sales or product pages your users scroll as a benchmark of the length of time your sales message can keep them engaged. Heat Map Tracker lets you analyze every single visitor session to see how users are interacting with your website or particular pages on the website.
- Unlimited session recording and session playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on users on your pages for a few days, a week, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded visitor sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for each project. You can easily view the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on improving pages that your readers care about. You can also access regional demographics of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just a few of the testimonials that users have provided for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your business:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that they lead to somewhere else?
- Get useful data on ways to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful information prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Perform “above the fold” tests to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any content section should be added, reworked, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Test whether users prefer to click on images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact within your website.
- Review confirmed site security weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a respected online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable product quality and product support. The product download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in 3 versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Licensed for one site. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Installs on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White-Label) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web marketing agencies. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: Pricing details of the Heat Map Tracker product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the software is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Heat Map Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracker
Additional Software Info
For a demo video of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can provide you with good metrics on things such as the number of people coming to your site, how they found it and what they are doing whilst on your site. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics software tool can be extremely useful.
We suggest buying a license of Heat Map Tracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, engagement and for increasing sales.
For more details, visit the software website here: HeatMap Tracker – Live Click-Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
[INSERT YOUR CALL TO ACTION / SPECIAL OFFER / PROMOTION / OWN CONTENT / RESOURCE BOX HERE]
Disclaimer: This site is not associated with WordPress or any of the WP products written about on this site. We may derive a financial benefit from sales of products advertised, reviewed or linked to from this site. All details used in this review have been supplied from the plugin’s own website and/or from sites that provide Premium WP Services