One of the worst situations you can find yourself in as a website owner is to be on the wrong side of the law.
Your internet presence needs to comply with a wide range of federal, state and even local laws, many of which you are probably not even aware of.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of suffering both financial losses and the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and your business reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively? In this article, we look at a simple and easy-to-use solution for WordPress users that can help make your site fully compliant just minutes.
Does Your Website Or Blog Comply With All Legal Requirements?
As the digital realm continues to grow at breakneck speed and the rules of the game constantly change, it's important to stay on top of what's happening and to make sure that your website or blog remains legal, especially if your digital presence is an essential part of your business strategy.
You could also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to lawsuits.
At the very least, if your website is not compliant, expect visitor trust and confidence in your business to be irrepairably affected.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice on this website.
The purpose of this post is to make you aware that:
- Your website may be subject to certain legal requirements in accordance with mandatory laws that govern your business,
- How important it is to remain compliant with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you may be offering or endorsing in your website, and
- There are solutions that can help your site become compliant, such as the solution that we review below.
In this article, you will learn about a simple WordPress plugin that provides a total compliance and disclaimer solution for your digital business.
Compliance Bar – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar is a complete compliance and disclaimer solution for your digital business …
For more details go here: Compliance Bar Plugin
Below are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Compliance Bar to make your web site instantly legally compliant:
Fast And Easy To Install And Configure. Be Up And Running In Minutes.
Compliance Bar Plugin is really easy to install. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
You can easily make changes to the prebuilt templates inside the plugin from the settings menu using the WordPress WYSIWYG content editor.
The plugin develop provides dedicated plugin support to assist you.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Customized Compliance Page Templates: Compliance Bar will create your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training Library: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use and an entire library of training videos is available.
- Use In All Countries: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to ascertain if the built-in templates provided with Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin wherever you are located.
- Can Be Used For All Website Purposes: If your website or blog is driven by WordPress, you can use the plugin for all kinds of websites. Select only the types of disclaimers which suit your specific business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, business services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and leave out those that are not required.
Compliance Bar Plugin Features
Compliance Bar offers a number of great features to site owners. Here are just some:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Be up and running in no time.
- Show Visually Appealing Icon Bar – Compliance Bar displays links to your compliance pages using attractive icons that can be positioned anywhere in your page. You can also upload your own icons.
- Display Restricted Content – If your site has content that should be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, dating, etc.), Compliance Bar can display pop-ups that force users to accept your terms and disclaimers.
- EU Cookie Compliance – If your business is based in Europe or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar that notifies visitors and covers you from non-compliance.
- Records & Stores IP Acceptance – Compliance Bar records your visitors' IP address for reference, just in case a user accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims otherwise.
- Shortcode Driven – The plugin is integrated with shortcodes that populate the templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your site or blog, (even in the pop-ups).
- Mobile Friendly – Compliance Bar has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and can display mobile optimized icons automatically based on the mobile browser being used.
Using Compliance Bar
After installing and activating the plugin, a section where the plugin's settings can be configured is added to your WordPress admin area.
Let's briefly review these areas …
There are a number of default categories in this screen where your business information can be entered (e.g. "Contact Name," "Company Address," "Contact Phone," "Product Name," etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. "Business Name," "Business Address," etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Section – Image source: plugin documentation)
The plugin uses shortcodes to automatically populate and display the information from your User Profile into your page templates …
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Page: Shortcodes – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required information has been input into the user profile fields, users can then access the other plugin areas.
The "Compliance Pages" section includes a list of all of your compliance templates …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
When we last checked the Compliance Bar plugin website, there were over 22 compliance pages available:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- Adult Content Disclosure
You can create legal pages for your blog or website quite easily simply by selecting checkboxes and clicking the "Save" button in the "Create Pages" screen …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added inside your "Pages" section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a default set of icons for referencing your legal pages …
Icons can be changed. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your theme …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Page Icons – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Compliance Page Templates
You can edit and delete the compliance disclaimers from the "Compliance Pages" screen, just as you would any other WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Edit Compliance Templates – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
- Editing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin will notify you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. pages created before installing the plugin).
The plugin settings area provides various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including where to position the bar, whether to display links or icon images, background colors and images, image size, specifying which pages should be included in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your front page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and offset distance …
(Compliance Bar Screen: Create Bar – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to display different icons on different pages, or to cover different uses in other areas of your website.
- The plugin lets you display a Compliance Bar on the home page of your site, even if you are using a specific 3rd-party theme framework (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme itself as a built-in template, and not as a normal "static" WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile device screens, there is a limit to the number of page icons you can display if you turn Mobile Settings "on."
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it will display links to your legal through a visually appealing icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like the compliance icons to be featured …
If you plan to display content that should be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, adult, etc.), Compliance Bar can display popups that blocks access to users who do not accept your website's terms or disclaimers.
The "Create Pop Up" screen lets you fully customize your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Section: Create Pop Up – Image source: plugin documentation)
You can create more than one Pop Up for different pages, or to cover a multitude of uses in other areas of your website …
You can also specify a delay time to prevent Pop Ups from displaying as soon as visitors arrive, set a cookie duration to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time interval, and record the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Screen: IP Log Details – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
If your business is based in the EU or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
The Compliance Bar plugin lets you manage the settings for compliance with EU Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the "EU Cookies" area …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The "Page Templates" tab, lists all of your compliance pages and shortcodes, and lets you modify their content …
The "General Settings" section, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and receiving plugin updates …
Feedback From Users
Below are some of the testimonials that users have submitted for Compliance Bar Plugin:
"I got a chance to review the Compliance Bar plugin…WOW!! I have to say that its definitely one of the most NECESSARY, yet easiest to use plugin's to hit the scene in a while. Very Solid Product. Great job Anton & team!" Shon Chris – Director (JV Peer Group)
"Don't Risk Your Online Business" Mike Thomas (The Mike From Maine Show)
Compliance Bar Plugin Tips
Below are a few extra ways to use Compliance Bar:
- Display compliance icons on specific pages only.
- Ending refund disputes by clearly spelling out refund terms before purchase.
- If you include content that is deemed inappropriate for underaged viewers on your website, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to view your content.
Compliance Bar Plugin Support
Plugin Developers provide users with dedicated 24/7 plugin support to help users if they experience any issues. You also get access to complete video training manuals.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, thirty day, 200% money-back guarantee. If your edition of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (Monday to Friday), your purchase price will be refunded in double.
- Single Site Licensing – Can be installed on 1 of your own domains. Price = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business License Edition – Install the plugin on up to 25 domains that you own. Cost = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer – Install the plugin on all as many of your own sites as you want. Can be installed on any client site for payment or part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Note: The cost to purchase the Compliance Bar plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the product is selling for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you've purchased.
Check the plugin's website for the current pricing details: Compliance Bar – Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar – Additional Info
Legal Pages Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers assert on their website that all legal templates have already been reviewed and approved by a leading lawyer. Nonetheless, we highly recommend that you get legal advice from a qualified legal expert in your area to ensure that your site is fully compliant.
For "how-to" videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Install This Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-driven websites and blogs. We recommend downloading and installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar Plugin – WP Website Compliance Plugin
Legal Disclaimer: Once again, we are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice here. Do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website fully complies with the law in your country or region.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with WordPress or any of the WP products written about on this site. We may derive a financial benefit from sales of products advertised, reviewed or linked to from this site. The product details on this page have been sourced from the plugin's own website and sites that provide Premium WP Services