Do you currently run or plan to run events that require handling registrations, such as seminars, community classes, charity fund raisers, corporate functions, or even a large-scale event such as a school concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend or participate?
Co-ordinating event registrations is a complex process. You may have to co-ordinate calendar schedules, date availability, participant numbers, data processing, payments and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and providing tickets to event participants.
There are lots of advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and lower expenses, help you easily replicate previous events, give event managers more control, improve customer experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that this can be very costly.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-based web site, you can easily install a very inexpensive and professional web-based event booking solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration software enables you to easily schedule multiple events and start processing bookings in minutes.
Set up multiple events and receive online event registrations with Event Espresso
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-rich application that gives you complete control over your event registration management process.
Customize registration forms
You can employ a number of event registration strategies, from simple online registration and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your participants, or integrating your event registration forms with an autoresponder system for ongoing follow-ups.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is fundamentally different than the older Event Espresso 3, as it is being revamped using a different structure to accommodate future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually phase out EE 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and features of this plugin.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration & Ticketing Management System
Here are just some of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current web site into a fully-featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple pricing levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally doing away with the need to process registrations and sign-ups manually.
Essentially, you are enabling attendees to perform the enrollment process on their own.
Allowing your customers to do all of the data themselves frees you up from doing administration and lets you focus more of your attention on delivering a more unique event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn in a moment, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management process that you want your users to experience.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to building your own software or using a third-party service. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where you buy the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and purchase addons when you need extra features.
- Increased Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new registrations 24/7. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing addons (see below) let people interested in registering for your event share your information with others who may also be interested in attending.
- Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process is completed wholly in digital form, significantly reducing typical paper waste from tasks associated with administration.
- Own Your Information. You own all the data you acquire from event participants.
Event Espresso delivers functionality to users via built-in features (these come with the software) and additional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many features to website owners. Here are just some:
- Fast and easy to install and implement. Ready to start accepting registrations in minutes.
- Multiple Times and Dates Per Event. In EE 4, events can have many dates and times (datetimes), which these can be managed from one single event.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Attendees can easily find your upcoming events and add these to their schedule using a WordPress calendar.
- Ticket Selector. Present several ticket options to registrants and let them choose the ticket(s) that best fits their needs.
- Intelligent Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically copy the primary registrant’s information for any added participants.
- Default Prices. Create events fast by pre-configuring default ticket prices.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 includes 3 useful in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles And Contact List. Event Espresso 4 provides you with the tools to know who your clients are and how they have done business with you.
- Admin Pre-approval. Control who can register for your events.
- Private Contact Comments. Keep comments about event participants on their profile. Private notes lets you keep a record of when users contacted you, your internal comments, and how you’ve interacted with your contacts.
- Search Engine Friendly Event Page Web Links. Keyword rich Web links leverage your Permalinks configuration settings. “Pretty” web links with topic-relevant keywords enhance the context of your events and is favored by search engines, helping you bring a more targeted audience to your website.
- 15 Languages. Event Espresso is being translated into 15 languages, with more translations coming soon.
- Exportable Data. You can output all the data gathered from event customers into Excel or CSV format for producing reports, planning new marketing strategies, analyzing attendee statistics, etc..
- Event Venue Manager. The venue management feature in EE 4 allows details about a venue to display throughout the Event Espresso admin and the front-end of your site to inform visitors of the location of your event. The venue record displays many standard WordPress settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also displays information like venue seating capacity, venue website, phone number, physical, maps, etc. You can also list all of your venues throughout different locations of your theme and on a venue archive page on your website where you can set up and display venue profiles for multiple events or display every event you have listed for a specific venue.
- Registrant Profiles. You can manage each customer’s profile information and payment history and keep all of their information organized.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential registrants who have not paid in full for their booking with a standard but personalized PDF invoice with one click of a button. Your invoices will reference pre-registered customers who have not paid their registration yet by name, give them the amount they owe, and include a link to the event, a payment url and a link to download a PDF invoice.
- Categorize Events. If you have a number of event types like free and paid, workshops and breakout sessions, different kinds of exercise classes, etc. you can categorize these to help your participants to find what they’re searching for. You can list all the events in a category on a custom event category page, make events searchable by category, and color-code your events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make these easier to find, as well as suggesting other events in the categories that interest your existing customers.
Extra features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for non-technical users, and also extremely robust and customizable for higher end users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, EE 4 enables more complex developments and customizations to the application.
- Metabox Management & Reorganization. Event Espresso leverages the WordPress user interface, which brings the ability to reorder the user interface to match your workflow. Each control box can be collapsed, re-arranged or deleted from the workflow configuration.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium version of Event Espresso also provides you with 40 additional features, including:
- Email shortcodes that includes attendee data in emails and updates.
- Default surcharge (similar to adding a service fee to all tickets).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listing pages.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as an incredible range of features, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow end-users to significantly enhance the capabilities of managing your event.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Add on: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display scheduled events by location. There are four maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Management Addon: The Recurring Events management addon lets you put events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months … even years ahead. You can schedule as many classes, meetings, courses and conferences in the future as you need. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close bookings for all recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template displays the categories in a simple list. Clicking a category name displays all events related to that category and closes any previously open categories.
- Social Media Buttons Addon: The social media add-on displays Facebook, Twitter and Google buttons in your events. The Social Media add on is included free with any of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- Custom Files Addon: The Custom Files addon allows you to bypass certain aspects of the plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Versions: This add-on lets you involve others in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers the ability to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and allow them different permissions with different capabilities, so your staff can help you manage your events or events that other people create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain areas of your WP dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to control factors geographically for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Event Ticketing And Bar Scanning Add-on: The Ticketing addon gives you the ability to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning addon gives you the ability to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at the door. People can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Table Template Add on: The Events Table Template add on gives you a simple and easy-to-use system that lets you change the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets web developers design custom templates using one of the included templates as a base template.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Addon: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and business marketing plugin add on, you can completely automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture event attendee data, track registrations, and accept payments from your website.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software, including new add-ons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – Event Management And Registration System For WordPress
Users – Feedback
Below are some of the many testimonials that satisfied plugin users have written about Event Espresso:
“I want to commend you on a fabulous product which is just the right price for a small non-profit. People are happy with the registration process, as are we! …Thank you SO much for a great product.” Sandra Forero Bush, World Trade Center Tacoma
“I recently downloaded it to add to a nonprofit site for a Boy Scout troop and the features work wonderfully with what we wanted to accomplish for the site. It allows us to set up calendar, events, and even take payments for trips. At first, I thought that it would be overkill for such a small site, but now I see the possibilities and will definitely be offering Event Espresso to my clients that need an event organization system for their web sites.” Lucy Conn, Troop 462
“I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer, Improve Photography
Whether you are an education services provider, teacher, workshop promoter, or event consultant, there are just endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the user forum for tips and practical ways to improve your event management process or enhance the experience of your event customers.
Event Espresso Support
Event Espresso works with with most WP plugins and themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great support, as many of its plugin customers confirm:
“Thank you Seth for being so responsive and going above and beyond the call of duty with your app! I highly recommend Event Espresso for its functionality and for the stellar support. Seth has a deep knowledge and understanding of WordPress and has built a tool that is seamless to use for both organizer and attendee alike! After looking at a bunch of alternatives, Event Espresso far surpasses the other apps that are available.” Wendy Troupe, ICS North Pole Express
Event Espresso provides great support that includes access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can depend on to run your events.
Event Espresso is available in a number of editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin features, however, you need to consider using one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal Edition – This lets you run Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 32 Premium features, 5 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $99.95.
- Business License – This license lets you set up Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 32 Premium features, 14 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $199.95.
- Developer Edition – This option enables you to install Event Espresso on one site only. Cost includes 32 Premium features, 18 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $549.95.
The price of the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin retails for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticketing Registration Software For WordPress
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s online documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to a particular situation, or to report issues and leave feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the leading WP event registration and ticketing management plugin, used and trusted by thousands of people.
If you own a WordPress-powered site and you intend to run events that require managing dates and venues (offline and online), registering attendees, and selling tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager
Disclaimer: We are not associated with WordPress or any of the WordPress products reviewed on this site. We may derive a financial benefit from sales of products advertised, reviewed or linked to from this site. All information on this page have been sourced from the plugin’s website and PremiumWP.Services